Close Menu
SportyVibes.live –

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Trump’s global tariffs are unlawful, appeals court says

    August 29, 2025

    The Prediction: Washington vs. Colorado State

    August 29, 2025

    Cricket World Cup League 2: Namibia v Scotland abandoned despite fire on pitch

    August 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Trump’s global tariffs are unlawful, appeals court says
    • The Prediction: Washington vs. Colorado State
    • Cricket World Cup League 2: Namibia v Scotland abandoned despite fire on pitch
    • NANS rejects FG’s passport price hike
    • UFC CEO Dana White confirms event at White House is on after meeting with Trump administration
    • REI Labor Day Sale 2025: 28 Best Deals on Clothing, Shoes, and Gear
    • 2025 Fantasy Football Breakouts 4.0: Jamey Eisenberg is targeting these 20 players in all Fantasy drafts
    • U.S. court finds most of Trump’s tariffs are illegal : NPR
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    SportyVibes.live –SportyVibes.live –
    • Home
    • News
    • Cricket
    • Combat
    • Fitness
    • Football
    • Basketball
    • Tennis
    • Gear
    • Highlights
    SportyVibes.live –
    Home»Combat»What Lewis said to Trump after knockout win at UFC Nashville
    Combat

    What Lewis said to Trump after knockout win at UFC Nashville

    sportyvibesBy sportyvibesJuly 14, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    What Lewis said to Trump after knockout win at UFC Nashville
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    (This story first appeared in the Nashville Tennessean.)

    The post-victory celebration has become a calling card for UFC all-time knockout leader Derrick Lewis.

    But despite a handful of now-legendary moments in the aftermath of his previous wins, none has topped what followed his highlight-reel first-round knockout over undefeated Tallison Teixeira in the main event of UFC’s Fight Night from Nashville on July 12 at Bridgestone Arena.

    After his signature pound against the canvas and stripping of the shorts, Lewis hopped on the phone with President Donald Trump, thanks to some assistance from UFC CEO Dana White.

    “(It ranks) probably No. 1,” Lewis said of the celebration. “Just because the president had called me. We started talking about business and I told him wait until I get to the White House and we’ll really talk. It was pretty cool to have the president talk to me.”

    Lewis (29-12) made his case to feature on a proposed summer 2026 UFC card that White and Trump are working to bring to the White House, an event virtually every fighter on the card expressed interest in being a part of.

    White said while Trump wasn’t able to attend Nashville’s event in person, he was tuned in, and when Lewis asked White to put him on the phone, he did his part.

    The celebration was in the aftermath of Lewis’ record-extending 16th career UFC knockout, which came just 35 seconds into his bout against the 6-foot-7 Teixeira. Lewis had entered as an underdog after 14 months out of the octagon.

    Teixeira (8-1) had begun his career with eight first-round finishes, but it was Lewis who blitzed him out of the gate, landing a thunderous left hand to the chin that sent Teixeira tumbling to the ground, where Lewis would finish the show.

    “I was acting like something was in my eye and I was waiting for him to get a little closer,” Lewis said in the post-fight news conference. “I was really trying to sell it . . . and that’s what happened. I caught him.”

    It had been nearly two years since the UFC’s previous trip to Nashville, and more than 17,000 fans packed into Bridgestone Arena to see the action, generating $2.2 million at the gate, according to White.

    While Lewis hails from Houston, he believes the Nashville crowd rivals any he has fought in front of, including his hometown fans.

    “It’s crazy. It was too loud,” he said. “It got louder than the Houston crowd, so it was pretty cool.”

    Nashville has emerged as a combat sports destination this summer, with the PFL’s World Tournament in June before bare knuckle boxing debuted in Tennessee later that month. And White believes Nashville is a location the UFC will continually look to return to after another successful show.

    “We will get back to Nashville as much as possible . . . (the fans) don’t play here, man. If you start grappling for 30 seconds they go crazy,” White said. “They want to see knockdown, drag ’em out fights here and (it’s) obviously a very educated crowd. Everything about Nashville is fun, including the crowd.”

    knockout Lewis Nashville Trump UFC win
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleYour next Samsung Galaxy phone could feature a huge battery upgrade, after ‘years of work’
    Next Article ‘Living my dream’: Sinner delights in Wimbledon triumph against Alcaraz | Wimbledon 2025
    sportyvibes

    Related Posts

    Combat

    UFC CEO Dana White confirms event at White House is on after meeting with Trump administration

    August 29, 2025
    Combat

    Makhachev-Della Maddalena tops UFC 322; Shevchenko gets Zhang

    August 29, 2025
    Cricket

    Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka: Dilshan Madushanka takes final-over hat-trick to help tourists win first ODI

    August 29, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Lisa Nandy removes herself from final decision on leader of football regulator | Lisa Nandy

    June 2, 202554 Views

    Beat writer doubts that the Lakers can land Walker Kessler

    June 12, 202522 Views

    Mubi, A Streamer For Cinephiles, Is Now Officially Indispensable

    June 2, 202512 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews
    Football

    Robertson returns as County stick with manager Cowie

    sportyvibesJune 2, 2025
    Highlights

    Spanish GP: Max Verstappen admits George Russell crash ‘shouldn’t have happened’

    sportyvibesJune 2, 2025
    Highlights

    Max Verstappen-George Russell collision: F1 world champion admits move ‘was not right’

    sportyvibesJune 2, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Warriors add sharpshooter in second round of new NBA mock from Yahoo

    June 2, 20250 Views

    Erin Blanchfield rips Maycee Barber after UFC Fight Night cancellation: ‘She needs to fix her life’

    June 2, 20250 Views

    Eagles have $55 million in dead money salary cap

    June 2, 20250 Views
    Our Picks

    Trump’s global tariffs are unlawful, appeals court says

    August 29, 2025

    The Prediction: Washington vs. Colorado State

    August 29, 2025

    Cricket World Cup League 2: Namibia v Scotland abandoned despite fire on pitch

    August 29, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Get In Touch
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Condtition
    © 2025 sportyvibes. Designed by Pro.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.