Close Menu
SportyVibes.live –

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    The Hundred 2025: Plans to switch to auction for 2026 may not work, says Georgia Adams

    August 29, 2025

    Naomi Osaka, with new coach, rolls into third round at US Open

    August 29, 2025

    Marathon Runners Face Unexpected Colon Cancer Risk, New Study Suggests

    August 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • The Hundred 2025: Plans to switch to auction for 2026 may not work, says Georgia Adams
    • Naomi Osaka, with new coach, rolls into third round at US Open
    • Marathon Runners Face Unexpected Colon Cancer Risk, New Study Suggests
    • Manchester United: Ruben Amorim blames emotions for comments following Grimsby defeat
    • Thai Court Dismisses Prime Minister Over Ethics Violation
    • Abuja summit to strengthen Nigeria-Ghana diplomatic ties
    • I'm proud of the way I handled Ostepenko row – Townsend
    • Under the Radar | Fares Ziam
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    SportyVibes.live –SportyVibes.live –
    • Home
    • News
    • Cricket
    • Combat
    • Fitness
    • Football
    • Basketball
    • Tennis
    • Gear
    • Highlights
    SportyVibes.live –
    Home»Tennis»Court stops military eviction of Bauchi National Housing Estate residents
    Tennis

    Court stops military eviction of Bauchi National Housing Estate residents

    By August 29, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Court stops military eviction of Bauchi National Housing Estate residents
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    • Judge orders status quo as Bauchi residents battle Air Force takeover of NHP estate

    From Paul Orude, Bauchi

    A Bauchi State High Court has granted an interim order restraining the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) from evicting residents of the 270 housing units of the National Housing Programme (NHP) along Ningi Road, Bauchi.

    The order followed Suit No. BA/158N/2025 filed by 188 applicants, representing residents of the estate, who approached the court after Air Force personnel attempted to forcefully take over the property on Wednesday, August 27.

    The estate, built in 2016 under the National Housing Programme initiated by former President Muhammadu Buhari, was originally intended to provide affordable accommodation for civil servants and low- to middle-income earners. However, the Federal Ministry of Housing recently announced that the facility had been officially handed over to the Nigerian Air Force, triggering resistance from the current occupants.

    Residents, who claim to have filled Expression of Interest (EOI) forms years ago, say they were shocked when soldiers entered the estate and ordered them to vacate, despite many having lived there for up to six years. In response, they turned to the courts, seeking protection of their rights.

    Ruling on the matter, the presiding judge, Justice Muazu Abubakar, issued an interim injunction restraining the defendants from threatening, harassing, or infringing on the constitutional rights of the residents under Chapter 4 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), pending the hearing of the motion on notice.

    Justice Abubakar further ordered all parties to maintain the status quo until the determination of the substantive motion and adjourned the case to September 11, 2025.

    Speaking to journalists after the ruling, counsel to the residents, Barrister Alkassim Muhammad, confirmed that the five defendants in the suit had been duly served with the motion on notice.

    For now, the order provides temporary relief to the embattled residents, who insist that the estate should serve its original purpose of housing ordinary Nigerians rather than being transferred to a military institution.

    Bauchi court Estate eviction housing Military national Residents stops
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleValentina Shevchenko vs. Zhang Weili: UFC 322 betting odds
    Next Article Shubman Gill as India’s next all-format captain: ‘Message should go out loud and clear to every player…’

    Related Posts

    Tennis

    Naomi Osaka, with new coach, rolls into third round at US Open

    August 29, 2025
    News

    Thai Court Dismisses Prime Minister Over Ethics Violation

    August 29, 2025
    Tennis

    I'm proud of the way I handled Ostepenko row – Townsend

    August 29, 2025
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Lisa Nandy removes herself from final decision on leader of football regulator | Lisa Nandy

    June 2, 202554 Views

    Beat writer doubts that the Lakers can land Walker Kessler

    June 12, 202522 Views

    Mubi, A Streamer For Cinephiles, Is Now Officially Indispensable

    June 2, 202512 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews
    Football

    Robertson returns as County stick with manager Cowie

    sportyvibesJune 2, 2025
    Highlights

    Spanish GP: Max Verstappen admits George Russell crash ‘shouldn’t have happened’

    sportyvibesJune 2, 2025
    Highlights

    Max Verstappen-George Russell collision: F1 world champion admits move ‘was not right’

    sportyvibesJune 2, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Warriors add sharpshooter in second round of new NBA mock from Yahoo

    June 2, 20250 Views

    Erin Blanchfield rips Maycee Barber after UFC Fight Night cancellation: ‘She needs to fix her life’

    June 2, 20250 Views

    Eagles have $55 million in dead money salary cap

    June 2, 20250 Views
    Our Picks

    The Hundred 2025: Plans to switch to auction for 2026 may not work, says Georgia Adams

    August 29, 2025

    Naomi Osaka, with new coach, rolls into third round at US Open

    August 29, 2025

    Marathon Runners Face Unexpected Colon Cancer Risk, New Study Suggests

    August 29, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Disclaimer
    • Get In Touch
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Condtition
    © 2025 sportyvibes. Designed by Pro.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.